Thursday, February 4, 2010

Game Music I Like

I make it no secret that I enjoy video game music. I guess you could say it's underappreciated. Or maybe it's only dorks like me who enjoy this stuff, anyway enjoy!

God Hand was a face-rockingly awesome beat-em-up for the PS2 that harkened back to the days when games kicked your ass and didn't have a problem with it. It also had a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor and an awesome soundtrack that consisted had a lot of surf rock.





Streets of Rage 2

Yuzo Koshiro used to be THE composer in the 1990s. The man is enormously talented and had quite the compositional range. Case in point: he composed both the epic orchestral music of Actraiser and the club music inspired Streets of Rage games.



Team Fortress 2

TF2 easily has the most creative, appealing design I've ever seen in a First-Person Shooter. This song was featured in one of the "Meet The Team" videos and is actually a remix of the theme song from The Enforcer, a Clint Eastwood movie. I see myself listening to this song while on patrol.



Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight

This may have been a fairly lousy NES game that tried capitalizing on the popularity of both Street Fighter AND Final Fight, but I'll be damned if it didn't have a kickass soundtrack.



Mega Man

Mega Man is a series that has been known for fantastic music. Here's some of the best examples of that.







Super Smash Bros Brawl

The nice thing about this game was it gave a bunch of talented composers an excuse to remix already awesome music. Here's one of the better ones.



Sonic The Hedgehog

I just love the Green Hill Zone music.



That was actually pretty fun, there may be a part 2 in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I only read the title, but I can honestly say I hated every word of this post.

    No Mario Brothers? No Punch-out? No Final Fantasy III Opera scene? Do you evening farking play video games?

    ReplyDelete