Sunday, March 28, 2010

Game Music I Like (Part Deux)

Journey To Silius
This is a depressingly average game. If you've played any Mega Man or Contra game, you've played something better than this. There is one exception though, the music is amazing. Oh yeah, this was originally going to be a Terminator game until the licensing deal fell through.

Here's a rocking cover of the Stage 1 music done by The Onion Knights.

Dragon Quest VIII
I'm not a big fan of the DQ soundtrack. Though they're always full of nice songs, I don't really find a whole lot of moving songs like I do in Final Fantasy soundtracks. There's a few exceptions though like this beautiful piece. Special props goes out to the American version of the game for getting a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Jake wanted to know why I didn't have any Mario music on here. Even though I love Mario music, everyone knows Mario music and I feel like talking about great music that everyone already knows and loves is a little boring. So. Here's one of my favorite, lesser known pieces from the series.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
The TMNT games always had good soundtracks. There's something that so distinctly 90's Konami about this song that I can't help but love it. It reminds me of the days when anything from that company was guaranteed to be a classic.

The final boss theme is pretty awesome too.

Final Fantasy
Yeah I know, Final Fantasy hasn't gotten any love yet. But here goes! Clash on the Big Bridge is probably the best track in Final Fantasy V.

As for Final Fantasy IV, I always liked the Red Wings theme.

And finally, there's Dancing Mad which is a fucking operatic masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Make sure you listen to both parts.

Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Rounding things out is Double Dragon II. Nothing special here really, just really solid music.

1 comment: